Friday, February 15, 2019

Hard at it!

Chief blogger and bottlewasher for Unforeseen Contingencies Charles N. Steele has been busy of late.  "We'll" try to cover his activities, but a few are likely to slip through the cracks of our attention.  But not to be missed, Steele is now officially registered for this year's "Woodstock Hallucination 100 Mile Race" in the vicinity of Hell Creek Ranch, Pinckney MI, Sept. 6-7.

So far my training is going well.  I've ramped up my mileage, long runs are starting to seem easy, and I'm feeling good.  I've also been working on leg conditioning which was shamefully poor.  Squats and lunges are just what the doctor ordered.  I'd had "knee" pain (actually pain in the tendons connecting to the knee area) and that's vanishing.

Most of my training has been in adverse conditions for fast running (deep snow, ice, high winds), so I've been emphasizing slow distance... very slow.  That's probably been a boon.  Rack up the miles now.  Spring and summer are for speed.

Onwards and upwards!

Comments:
Update 16 Feb. Today's 20 miler was miserably slow and, by the end, painful. It was a cold gray day, an the run seemed to take forever. But the most painful ones are the ones that build mental toughness, and that's the point. Onwards!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?