Thursday, October 22, 2009

Free Stuff!

An unusual (for Unforeseen Contingencies) technical note...

To properly read Unforeseen Contingencies you should download and use the Google Chrome browser. I've been using it for a few months now, and am quite happy with it. The download is free of charge. For most purposes it seems to outperform my previous favorite, Firefox (which I still use as well).

Yes, yes, I know, Microsoft warns that there's a privacy issue... when you use it, your browsing info is sent to Google (instead of Microsoft).

Google Chrome works, and in particular it permits italics to display properly...unlike the hideous MS Internet Exploder.

Anything but Microsoft...


Comments:
Chrome uses WebKit (the render engine apple wrote for Safari).

Safari also does proper italics, and renders your blog nicely.

Safari FTW.

Firefox is really just bloatware, unless for some reason you think you need all kinds of plugins other than Click-to-Flash (also available on Safari), or you're actually a real web developer.

But Chrome is good too. I guess I should have said WebKit FTMFW.
 
I'll look into Safari. Thanks for the comment!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?