Thursday, October 18, 2007

10 hours 05 minutes of fun!

Survive and thrive at Le Grizz!

I'm happy to report that I successfully completed the 26th annual Le Grizz 50 Mile Ultramarathon, Spotted Bear to Hungry Horse, Montana. This gorgeous road run is sufficiently challenging that the Western States 100 considers it a trail run for purposes of qualifying. And it is remote enough that grizzlies and moose have been sighted along the course, although I didn't hear any reports of such for this year.

I ran well, and was under 4 hours 30 minutes at the halfway point. I fell off the pace between miles 30 and 35, unsurprisingly given my training, and was very tired and slow over the last five miles. Unlike some years (I've finished this race eight times) at the end I did not feel that I could easily run farther. But it was a great day, I am very pleased with my performance, and most of all happy that I spent a day in spectacular wilderness with my support crew (my parents, Charles and Catherine) and my fellow runners and their crews.

Vivamas, dum vivamus!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?